Talent drives our team and our capacity to deliver the best solutions and services for our customers. Join us on this exciting journey and our team of people who are passionate about digital, learning and working together.
Medior Python Developer for ML and AI
Y.digital is an experienced and specialised A.I. company with offices in Zeist, The Netherlands, and Da Nang, Vietnam. We design, build, and deliver intelligent AI solutions that empower humans. We use our own unique approach and cutting-edge AI platform Ally to create conversational AI solutions that help customers to engage with companies in a more pleasant and intelligent way. And design and deliver intelligent document processing solutions to support employees in making knowledge-intensive processes more consistent, scalable, and efficient.
Our diverse and international team has considerable expertise in the design and execution of AI powered customer journeys, using natural language processing, computer vision, and graph technology. Our ambition is to establish ourselves as the leading firm in this area in the Netherlands and beyond. We’re growing fast and have a vacancy for a passionate medior level Python developer for ML and AI to join our team.
As a Python Developer you will work directly for high-profile organisations across different sectors (government, financial, utilities, health). Sometimes you will be seconded to work with teams of our clients. But you will also work on projects with the internal team of Y.
- You represent Y.digital, our unique vision, customer driven approach and AI-platform Y.Ally.
- Easy adapt yourself to new situations and deliver high value for our customers in a short term.
- Design creative AI solutions and make them tangible, understandable and valuable.
- Develop prototypes in close cooperation with multi-disciplinaury teams with our customers and/or internal colleagues.
- You take initiative and get things done.
- You will work with and on our cutting edge Y.Ally stack.
- You will work closely with our highly-skilled experts: a strong peer group of experienced machine learning engineers, data scientists and conversation designers.
- Within this role, as we are expanding and growing rapidly, there is ample room to develop, grow and achieve your personal goals and ambitions.
The following is a list of skills & knowledge we would like you to poses when joining Y.
Skills and Knowledge
- Python programming experience (e.g., Github projects, higher-education coursework, previous work experience) is our main prerequisite.
- Can program in Python: knowledge of data structures/types, algorithms and know standard libraries for time, string-manipulation, regex matching/substitution, debugging and logging.
- Can use the linux command line to: navigate folders, view and edit text files, execute bash & python scripts, make api calls and retrieve resources from the web (e.g., curl & wget).
- Understand version control (specifically git) and can make use of commands to: commit, push, stage, pull, branch.
- Understand git submodules and can create pull requests and deal with rudimentary merge conflicts.
- Can use docker on the command line to: build, run, push, and manage containers and images and understand how to expose ports and connect volumes.
- Can deploy pods to Kubernetes and inspect logs, and perform basic debugging.
- Can use Python libraries (e.g., matlotplib, seaborn) to create simple data visualisations.
- Understand HTTP methods (e.g., GET, POST) and can use tools such as Postman to perform API calls and interpret the results.
- You are curious by nature and have a can-do attitude.
- You are willing to learn and work in a team.
- Understand the principles of Agile software development (particularly SCRUM).
- You should also have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science).
Nice to have: Knowledge and (even better) experience with the following:
- Natural Language Processing (e.g., with Spacy/NLTK)
- Computer Vision (e.g., CNNs, OpenCV)
- Graph Neural Networks
- Semantic Web technologies (e.g., RDF, SPARQL)
What we offer:
- Weekly peer-programming and brown-bag meetings to promote knowledge exchange, including the Y.academy with support & learning materials to aid you.
- A cutting-edge technology stack
- A friendly, open, non-hierarchical, and collaborative working environment
- Innovative projects at high-profile organisations across different sectors
- Hybrid working, in the office, at the customer or from home
- An inspirational, diverse and international team of colleagues
- A learning path tailored to your needs and ambitions
- Benefits including: a comprehensive pension scheme and bonus scheme
Sounds like you?
Call Nhat Dang for more information (0904 338 147) or send an email with a link to your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.